In today’s fast-paced business landscape, call centers play a crucial role in ensuring customer satisfaction and driving organizational success.
However, managing an efficient call center workforce can be daunting. It requires the need to juggle between various functions like –
- Shifting customer demands.
- Agent scheduling.
- Performance tracking.
- Real-time analytics.
This is where the right call center workforce management software steps in. It empowers businesses to optimize their operations, enhance rep productivity, and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
To help you navigate the vast sea of options, we have curated a list of the 10 best call center workforce management software solutions available in the market today.
So, let’s dive in and explore the top contenders revolutionizing the call center industry.
10 Best Call Center Workforce Management Software
1. Verint Workforce Management
Verint Workforce Management is a software solution designed to help organizations manage their workforce and optimize operations effectively. It offers various features and functionalities that aid in forecasting, scheduling, and tracking employee activities.
- Workforce scheduling and forecasting: Call center scheduling software Helps predict and plan staffing requirements based on historical data, trends, and business needs.
- Shift management: Managers can create and assign employee shifts, considering their skills, availability, and preferences.
- Time and attendance tracking: Track and manage employee attendance, breaks, and time-off requests.
- Performance analytics: Provides insights into workforce productivity, efficiency, and schedule adherence.
- Compliance management: Helps ensure adherence to labor laws, regulations, and organizational policies.
- Real-time reporting: Generates reports and dashboards that provide visibility into key performance indicators and operational metrics.
Verint Workforce Management may offer integrations with other enterprise systems, such as customer relationship management (CRM) software, human resource management systems (HRMS), payroll systems, and communication platforms to streamline data exchange and enhance functionality.
2. Alvaria Workforce
Alvaria Workforce (formerly Aspect Workforce Management) stands out as an advanced contact center solution, offering various features such as forecasting, planning, scheduling, employee self-service, and real-time agent tracking.
This comprehensive suite optimizes agent and supervisor performance, fostering productivity and engagement while consistently delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Forecasting and Planning: Accurately predict contact volumes and staffing needs based on historical data and advanced algorithms.
- Scheduling: Create optimized schedules for agents considering forecasted demand, skills, preferences, and compliance requirements.
- Real-time Agent Tracking: Monitor agent performance, and adherence to schedules, and identify potential issues in real-time.
- Employee Self-Service: Empower agents to easily manage their schedules, request time off, and swap shifts.
- Analytics and Reporting: Access real-time insights into contact center performance, agent productivity, and service levels.
- Integration Capabilities: Seamlessly integrate with other contact center systems, such as CRM platforms, for enhanced data exchange and workflow efficiency.
Alvaria currently integrates with software and services like Amazon Connect, Comarch EDI, Comarch Master Data Management, Comarch Mobile Sales Force, etc.
Convin.ai is an AI-powered contact center software that leverages conversation intelligence to record, transcribe, and analyze customer interactions. It offers comprehensive support for omnichannel contact centers, conducting quality audits across calls, chats, and emails. Convin.ai aims to enhance overall contact center performance by improving agent effectiveness, enhancing customer experience, and maximizing ROI.
- Conversation Intelligence: Analyzes and provides insights into customer interactions.
- Call Recording and Transcription: Records and transcribes calls for easy review and information extraction.
- Real-time Monitoring and Analytics: Provides live dashboards and reports for tracking performance and making data-driven decisions.
- Coaching and Feedback Tools: Supports coaching sessions and feedback sharing with team members.
- CRM Integration: Seamlessly integrates with CRM systems for synchronized data and efficient workflows.
- Mobile Accessibility: Accessible on mobile devices for productivity on the go.
Convin integrations include Slack, Zoom, Aircall, Microsoft teams, HubSpot, Pipedrive, Freshworks, Leadsquared, etc.
Starts at $50/ Per User Per Month
LiveVox, a cutting-edge contact center platform, facilitates over 14 billion interactions annually. By seamlessly integrating Omnichannel Communications, CRM, and WFO capabilities, LiveVox prioritizes delivering exceptional experiences for both agents and customers while minimizing compliance risks.
LiveVox’s advanced technology empowers effective engagement strategies across preferred communication channels, driving optimal performance management within your contact center. With battle-tested risk mitigation and security tools, LiveVox enables clients to unlock their full potential in an ever-evolving business landscape.
- Next-gen contact center platform: LiveVox provides a cutting-edge platform to meet businesses’ evolving needs.
- Omnichannel Communications: LiveVox seamlessly integrates multiple communication channels for engaging customers across voice, email, chat, SMS, and social media.
- CRM Integration: LiveVox smoothly integrates with CRM systems, enhancing visibility and access to customer information for improved experiences.
- Compliance Risk Reduction: LiveVox incorporates tools to minimize compliance risks and ensure a secure environment for customer interactions.
- Risk Mitigation and Security: LiveVox offers battle-tested risk mitigation tools and robust security measures.
- Cloud Expertise: With 20+ years of cloud experience, LiveVox leads in cloud contact center innovation, providing scalability, flexibility, and easy implementation.
LiveVox Integrations include InterProse ACE, SpeechIQ, Oreka TR, etc.
Starts at $65/ Per User Per Month
5. Genesys Cloud CX
Genesys Cloud CX™ is a highly trusted cloud call center software and customer experience (CX) platform that numerous enterprises of all sizes worldwide rely upon.
With Genesys Cloud CX, your customer experience is elevated, irrespective of where the conversation begins or ends. It seamlessly connects insights from various teams, tools, and interactions, equipping you with the necessary data to address customer issues effortlessly.
With the flexibility to meet customers on any channel, at any time, Genesys Cloud CX offers a comprehensive suite of digital channels to enhance customer engagement.
- Unified Cloud Contact Center: Genesys Cloud CX offers a comprehensive, all-in-one cloud-based contact center solution.
- Omnichannel Customer Engagement: Engage customers seamlessly across multiple channels, including voice, email, chat, SMS, and social media.
- Intelligent Routing and Queuing: Optimize efficiency and customer satisfaction with the intelligent routing of interactions to the most suitable agents.
- CRM Integration: Access real-time customer information for personalized experiences by integrating with CRM systems.
- Advanced Analytics and Reporting: Gain valuable insights into contact center performance, customer behavior, and employee productivity.
- Scalable and Secure: Scale effortlessly to meet changing demands and ensure data security and compliance.
Genesys Cloud CX offers PBX, CRM, and workforce management systems integrations.
Starts at $75/ Per User Per Month
6. Nice CXone
NICE, formerly NICE inContact, is a leading cloud contact center software provider with the world’s #1 customer experience platform. Their NICE CXone™ combines Omnichannel Routing, Analytics, Workforce Optimization, Automation, and AI on an Open Cloud Foundation.
They empower organizations to exceed customer expectations by acting smarter and responding faster. NICE’s DEVone program offers a partner ecosystem with integrated applications on the CXexchange marketplace. They are recognized as a market leader by industry analysts.
- Omnichannel Customer Engagement: NICE CXone enables seamless customer conversations across multiple channels.
- Advanced Analytics: Gain valuable insights into contact center performance, customer behavior, and rep productivity.
- Workforce Optimization: Optimize agent performance and operational efficiency with quality management and workforce management features.
- Automation and AI: Leverage automation and AI to streamline processes, enhance self-service options, and boost agent productivity.
- CRM Integration: Integrate with CRM systems for real-time customer information and personalized experiences.
- Scalability and Security: Scale your contact center operations as needed and ensure data security and compliance.
Some of the integrations of Nice CXone include Zoom Meetings, Microsoft Teams, Dynamics 365, Zendesk Suite, Gong.io, etc.
Starts at $100/ Per User Per Month
CloudTalk offers a cloud call center software designed specifically for sales and customer support teams, enabling seamless remote operations.
The solution stands out for its exceptional call quality, modern features, and effortless integration with leading CRMs and helpdesks.
This integration enhances customer service agents and salespeople’s visibility into their customer or prospect base, providing valuable insights.
- Cloud-based Call Center: CloudTalk operates as a cloud-based call center software, allowing for remote accessibility and flexibility.
- Omnichannel Communication: Engage with customers seamlessly across multiple channels such as voice, email, chat, SMS, and social media.
- CRM Integration: Integrate with popular CRM systems to enhance customer interactions by accessing real-time customer information.
- Workflow Automation: Automate repetitive tasks and streamline workflows to boost productivity and efficiency.
- Smart Dialing Functionality: Benefit from smart dialing features that optimize call routing and save time during customer interactions.
- Scalability and User-Friendly: Scale your operations easily as your business grows, and enjoy a user-friendly interface for intuitive usage and management.
CloudTalk integrations include Slack, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Shopify, HubSpot CRM, Zapier, Zoho CRM, etc.
Starts at $25/ Per User Per Month
8. Calabrio ONE
As contact centers face evolving challenges, workforce optimization (WFO) technology rapidly innovates to meet the demands. With Calabrio ONE, a fully-integrated software suite, you can elevate your contact center WFO by seamlessly integrating analytics tools.
It enables easy analysis and action on daily contact center data to improve customer satisfaction, protect your brand, and drive product innovation. Calabrio ONE is user-friendly, customizable, and cloud-based, providing essential insights for enhancing customer and agent experiences.
- Unified Workforce Optimization: Calabrio ONE provides a comprehensive suite of workforce optimization tools integrated into one platform.
- Embedded Analytics: Calabrio ONE seamlessly integrates advanced analytics tools to derive insights from contact center data.
- Enhanced Customer Experience: Utilize integrated analytics to improve customer satisfaction, protect your brand, and drive product innovation.
- Agile Cloud Solution: Calabrio ONE is a scalable, flexible, and easy-to-use cloud-based platform.
- Security and Compliance: Calabrio ONE prioritizes data security and compliance, with ISO/IEC 20071 certification.
- Award-Winning Recognition: Calabrio ONE has received industry recognition, including being named a Customers’ Choice in the 2021 Gartner Peer Insights report.
Calabrio ONE includes Microsoft Dynamics 365, Amazon Customer Connect, Serenova CxEngage, Flex, etc.
Five9 is a leading CCaaS platform that empowers agents, provides visibility to managers, and boosts business agility. With the Intelligent Customer Experience Platform, you can engage customers across channels, streamline operations, and leverage AI and automation for exceptional CX.
- Omnichannel Engagement: Engage customers across multiple channels with Five9.
- Advanced Contact Center Features: Benefit from intelligent routing, interactive voice response (IVR), call recording, and workforce management.
- CRM Integration: Seamlessly integrate with popular CRM systems for real-time customer information.
- Intelligent Analytics: Gain valuable insights into contact center performance and agent productiveness.
- Scalability and Flexibility: Easily scale operations and accommodate remote teams with Five9’s cloud-based platform.
- Robust Security and Compliance: Ensure data security and compliance with industry-leading measures.
Five9 integrates with NetSuite, Zoho CRM, Dynamics 365, Freshdesk, Zendesk Suite, etc.
Starts at $170/ User Per Month
Nextiva is a cloud communications company that helps businesses establish stronger customer connections. By integrating various communication channels, Nextiva call center software enables businesses to access timely information, deliver exceptional experiences, and drive results.
Their user-friendly solutions allow for easy setup and scalability. With a focus on reliability and customer service, Nextiva supports billions of conversations annually.
- Cloud Communications: Nextiva offers cloud-based communication solutions, enabling businesses to connect and collaborate with customers and teams from anywhere.
- Omnichannel Engagement: Engage customers through various channels, including voice, video, collaboration, SMS, chat, and surveys.
- CRM Integration: Seamlessly integrate with CRM systems to access customer information and enhance personalized experiences.
- Workflow Automation: Automate and streamline workflows to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Scalability and Flexibility: Nextiva’s solutions can scale to meet the evolving needs of businesses, allowing for easy expansion and customization.
- Reliability and Support: Nextiva is known for its reliable service and provides dedicated support to ensure smooth communication operations.
Nextiva integrations include Google Workspace, Microsoft Teams, Rippling, HubSpot CRM, Zoho CRM, Dynamics 365, etc.
Starts at $18.95/ User Per Month
Benefits Of Workforce Management For Call Centers
Call center workforce management (WFM) offers several key benefits that enable leaders to optimize their operations and deliver exceptional customer service.
Some of the benefits include:
1. Improved Forecasting and Scheduling
The best workforce management software tools leverage historical data and advanced algorithms. It helps accurately forecast call volumes and schedule the right number of agents at the right time.
This ensures optimal agent scheduling levels, minimizes wait times, and reduces overstaffing or understaffing issues.
2. Enhanced Agent Productivity
Call center workforce management software provides real-time visibility into agent performance, workload, and adherence to schedules.
By monitoring and optimizing agent activities, contact centers can identify areas for improvement, streamline workflows, and increase agent performance.
3. Efficient Workload Distribution
With workforce management software, contact centers can intelligently distribute workload among agents based on skill sets and availability.
This helps in contact center workforce optimization, reduces bottlenecks, and ensures fair and equitable workload distribution among the team.
4. Improved Customer Experience
Effective workforce management is crucial for contact centers to provide exceptional customer experiences.
This involves promptly answering calls, minimizing wait times, and consistently meeting service levels.
By doing so, call centers can significantly boost customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention.
5. Cost Optimization
To save on labor costs, call centers can use the workforce management system to forecast call volumes and optimize staffing. This allows them to avoid excessive staffing or overtime expenses.
Additionally, the best WFM software for call center can help identify and address inefficiencies in processes, optimizing operational costs even further.
6. Real-time Adherence and Performance Monitoring
Workforce management tools for managing the workforce allow supervisors to monitor agent adherence to schedules in real time, enabling them to address any deviations quickly.
This approach helps to maintain service levels, ensure compliance, and take proactive measures to address performance issues.
7. Data-Driven Insights
By utilizing workforce management software, call centers can gain valuable insights into agent performance, customer trends, and overall operations.
These insights can inform decision-making, improve processes, and aid in strategic planning for future growth.
Comprehensive reports and analytics provide detailed information. It’s easy to identify areas for improvement and take informed decisions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a workforce management software call center?
Call center workforce management software is a tool that helps businesses efficiently manage and optimize their call center operations.
It includes features for forecasting, scheduling, tracking, and reporting on agent activities, aiming to improve productivity and customer service.
What kind of software do call center agents use?
Call center agents typically use software applications to handle customer conversations and access relevant information efficiently. Some examples of softwares used by agents include –
- Call center workforce management software
- Customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Call center management platforms
- Telephony systems
- Knowledge bases
- Ticketing systems
Who uses workforce management software?
Workforce management software is used by various businesses that employ a significant number of staff or have complex workforce scheduling needs.
Some examples include call centers, contact centers, customer service departments, retail businesses, healthcare organizations, transportation companies, the hospitality industry, etc.
In short, this software comes handy in sectors where effective workforce planning and scheduling are crucial for operational efficiency.
How do I create a WFM?
Creating a workforce management (WFM) system involves several key steps:
- Define objectives and goals.
- Identify key metrics to track and measure.
- Gather historical data on call volumes and agent performance.
- Use forecasting techniques to predict future staffing requirements.
- Create agent schedules aligned with forecasted call volumes.
- Implement real-time monitoring of agent adherence to schedules.
- Generate reports and analyze data for performance assessment.
- Continuously optimize the WFM system based on insights and feedback.
What are the different types of WFM solutions available?
The different types of WFM solutions available include:
- Call Center/Contact Center WFM: Focuses on forecasting, scheduling, and managing workforce activities in call centers and contact centers.
- Field Service Management (FSM) WFM: Manages scheduling and resource allocation for mobile workforce operations.
- Retail Workforce Management: Optimizes scheduling, task management, and productivity tracking in the retail industry.
- Healthcare Workforce Management: Addresses complex scheduling needs and compliance in healthcare organizations.
- Manufacturing Workforce Management: Optimizes labor planning and workforce utilization in manufacturing settings.
- Hospitality Workforce Management: Manages scheduling and staff allocation in the hospitality industry.
- Back Office Workforce Management: Helps with scheduling, task management, and productivity tracking in administrative functions.
6. What are workforce management tools?
Workforce management tools are software applications that help organizations:
- Track time and attendance
- Create and optimize employee schedules
- Forecast workforce requirements
- Monitor performance and productivity
- Generate reports and analytics
- Provide employee self-service capabilities
7. How much does call center workforce optimization software cost?
The cost of call center workforce optimization software can vary depending on various factors such as the vendor, the features and capabilities of the software, the number of users/licenses required, and the deployment model (cloud-based or on-premises).
Generally, workforce optimization software is priced on a per-user, per-month or per-year basis.
The cost can range from a few hundred dollars per user per month for smaller call centers to several thousand dollars per user per month for larger enterprises with complex requirements. Additionally, there may be additional costs for implementation, training, customization, and ongoing support.
It is advisable to reach out to vendors directly to get accurate pricing information as it can vary widely based on specific business needs and negotiations with the vendor.
8. Who Uses Contact Center Workforce Software?
- Contact Center Managers/Supervisors
- Workforce Managers/Planners
- Human Resources (HR) Personnel
- Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts
- Agents (for self-service capabilities)
9. Which of the following is an example of a call center software used for workforce management?
One example of call center software used for workforce management is “Genesys Cloud Workforce Engagement Management” (formerly known as “PureCloud WEM”).
10. Can I get a list of best workforce optimization software features?
The top 7 features in the best wfm software for call centers are:
- Workforce Management
- Real-Time Monitoring
- Call Recording
- Quality Monitoring
- Performance Analytics and Reporting
- Call Scripting
- Agent Training